To lower the burden for companies in need of technical development,
Space BD will become a platform to provide one-stop solutions to tackle various challenges for the industrialization of space.
Along with access to space and best solutions to overcome various obstacles,
Space BD will continue to provide services evolving from past activities to make space accessible to everyone.
- Satellite and rocket matching; end-to-end launch services including technical coordination related to launch; safety reviews; import & export; contract negotiation; outsourcing of necessary processes.
- ISS internal & external experiment platform (micro-gravity experiments, exposure to the space environment, etc.) utilization opportunities; launch preparation support of experiment items; project planning, execution, and operation support services.
- Import & export of hardware and components for commercial satellite & space equipment companies and research institutes; procurement process support services.
- New business (ISS utilization, satellite development, etc.) launch support and project management for private enterprises, government agencies, and universities; business due diligence analysis; etc.
- Space BD operates “Space for Space,” the first platform website in Japan for all space activities. The website will foster collaboration between new comers to space and various industries that will build a foundation for innovative space businesses.
- Utilizing the astronaut training methods of JAXA and building on the experience and knowledge of astronaut Naoko Yamazaki, Space BD has started business development in the field of education, targeting people of all ages ranging from pre-school education to corporate employment and training.
As the research and development activities shift from Low-Earth Orbit to deep space in the near future, Space BD is planning
various services to support both public and private initiatives in deep space using the ISS as the commercial base in mid to long-term perspective.
- Commercial use of the ISS
- One-stop launch support service for small satellites
(incl. deployment from ISS)
- Import/export of satellite hardware and components
- Re-fueling and space manufacture business using LEO-base
- Space tourism and entertainment business
- Lunar transport service, and others