Space BD aims to become a one-stop shop to respond to all issues related to industrialization of space, and alleviate the work of businesses that are developing new technologies.
As a first step, Space BD seeks to lower the burden of accessing space, and contribute to the commercialization of the Low Earth Orbit (LEO) region by providing solutions through business-driven approach to overcome various obstacles with industrialization of space.
- Provide matching service between satellites and launchers, technical support related to launch, safety review, transportation & logistics management, contract negotiation.
- Provide the platform facilities inside and outside the International Space Station for performing various experiments (microgravity, space environment etc), launch coordination of the experiment setup, as well as planning, execution and operation support
- Provision of import/export and procurement/sales support for HW and components to private enterprises and research institutes engaged in the manufacturing of space equipment and satellites.
- Space BD also offers consultancy service to address various issues such as launch of new business, like commercial use of the ISS, and project management support, market analysis and business due diligence to private enterprises, government agencies, and university institutions.
As the research and development activities shift from Low-Earth Orbit to deep space in the near future, Space BD is planning various services to support both public and private initiatives in deep space using the ISS as the commercial base in mid to long-term perspective.
- Commercial use of the ISS
- One-stop launch support service for small satellites
(incl. deployment from ISS)
- Import/export of satellite hardware and components
- Re-fueling and space manufacture business using LEO-base
- Space tourism and entertainment business
- Lunar transport service, and others