- Company name
- Space BD Inc.
- Co-Founder & CEO Masatoshi Nagasaki
Head Quarter /
Fukushima Bldg.7th floor, 1-5-3 Nihonbashi Muromachi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-0022, JAPAN
Shinwa Bldg. 7th and 9th Floors, 1-2-2 Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-0027, JAPAN
Europe Rep /
- September 1, 2017
- Capital stock
- JPY 569millon *incl. capital reserves (As of October 2019)
0min walk from Mitsukoshimae Sta. exit [A4] (Tokyo Metro Ginza Line and Hanzomon Line)
2 mins walk from Nihonbashi Sta. exit [A4] (Tokyo metro Ginza Line and Tozai Line, Toei Asakusa Line)
3mins walk from Mitsukoshimae Sta. exit [B5] ] (Tokyo Metro Ginza Line and Hanzomon Line)
- September 2017
- Foundation of Space BD Inc.
- October 2017
- Raised JPY100million (equivalent to USD 890,000)
- April 2018
- First contract signed with the University of Tokyo
Raised JPY200million (equivalent to USD 1.9million)
- May 2018
- Space BD selected for JAXA’s first commercial service initiative. Awarded the contract to be the commercial operator of satellite deployment from ISS
- November 2018
- Move the headquarter to Nihonbashi Muromachi from Ginza
- March 2019
- Space BD Wins RFP from JAXA for the Second Consecutive Time for the Commercial Utilization of “Kibo” on ISS
- December 2019
- Space BD selected as the Official Satellite Launch Service Provider by JAXA for the Rideshare Opportunity of Japan’s Flagship Launcher (H-IIA/H3)
Embedding Space BD's philosophy on the importance of people into our logo
Space BD's new company logo is formed by putting the Japanese character (Kanji) for "People" three times.
This is to emphasize our strong belief that it is the people that supports our business.
The three characters for "people" represent "Customers", "Business partners", and ourselves, Space BD.
The logo represents the three groups of people coming together to rise up, up and beyond.
The bright red colour of the logo is a traditional colour in Japan, which represents the feeling when thinking of someone.
Space BD is a company that continues to challenge Space with a burning passion and with people as our assets.
The logo serves to remind us of our philosophy.